The Research & Development Lab of Glynne’s Soaps has been busy lately. And, we are pleased to announce three new products that are the result of this research (playing).
Air Therapy – an all natural aromatherapy spray that will leave your house smelling great and clear your mind as well. It comes in two scents:
- Rain (Lemongrass & Bergamot) – encourages relaxation and calmness, and leaves you free of unnecessary fear and anxiety
- Aussie Rainforest (Eucalyptus) – used for centuries to increase brain wave activity and counter physical and mental fatigue
100% Soy Candles – these 4 oz candles are made with 100% Soy Wax and lead free wicks.
- Bug Off – made with the same essential oils that are in our popular lotion and soap, now in a candle to sit on your porch or deck.
- Morning Dew – a new blend for us, this candle is made with Lavender, Cypres, Sage and a touch of Orange essential oils.
- Citrus Zing (Orange and Ginger) – a wonderful fresh scent that will brighten any room
- Hipp”E” (Patchouli and Clove) – if you like patchouli, you will love this candle
Bath Salts - made with sea salt to soften and hydrate your skin. We also add Epsom salts to ease stress and decrease aches and pains, and baking soda for the softest skin possible.
- Aussie Rainforest – the eucalyptus essential oil is great to relieve sinus or respiratory problems.
- Rain – made with lemongrass and bergamot essential oils for a calming, stress reducing formula
- Tranquility – there is nothing like Lavender and Chamomile to help you unwind and the end of a tough day
- Rejuvenation – the best thing to ease sore muscles or headaches is this peppermint and eucalyptus combination
You can find all these products and more on our website, or you can come visit us at the Carolina Beach Farmer’s Market.
Doesn’t mom deserve the best this Mother’s Day? Give her a gift basket filled with Glynne’s Soaps products, or even a gift certificate. Use the coupon code MOTHER to get 25% off your web site order between now and May 13th
Posted in new products
Tagged Air Therapy, bath salts, bug off, candles, citrus ginger, eucalyptus, lavender and chamomile, lemongrass and bergamot, new products, patchouli, Tranquility
We hope everyone had a great Easter vacation and was able to spend some time doing something that makes them happy. We had a terrific day. It began on the beach for a sunrise service, then home for breakfast, back to church and then lunch with friends. This morning of activity was followed by an afternoon of leisure; reading, playing with Marshall and Wrigley and a short nap.
Even though the day was relaxing, it wasn’t all play, we did do a little bit of work. But it was planning work – the fun kind. We have been talking lately about expanding our product line, and have even come up with a few ideas for new things that we think would not only fit in with the Glynne’s Soaps all natural business model, but also be fun and exciting. And yesterday, we ordered the supplies to bring our ideas to life.
We have come up with 3 new products that we will be unveiling next week at AzaleaFest. There will also be a new lip balm flavor available next weekend, one that we think will cause quite a stir.
We won’t tell you what to expect, just that we think you will be as excited as we are. Make time next weekend to come see us downtown, and all will be reveled. Make sure you mention that you read our blog, we love meeting new friends!
A new year always brings with it so much promise and excitement. And here in the Glynne’s Soaps offices, things are no different. We are looking forward to growing bigger and better in 2012. To that end, here are some things you can look forward to seeing from us as the year progresses.
There always seems to be an increasing list of products that we are interested in creating. Either things we have come up with, or things that customers have suggested to us. Sometimes the list seems overwhelming. But we have a few things that are on the “short list” for 2012 that we are very excited about.
- Shaving soap – This has been on the list for too long, so look for it to become a reality this year. The shaving soap, along with a brush and cup will be available in time for Father’s Day.
- Soap made with hemp oil – The benefits of hemp oil are extensive due to it’s ratio of omega -3 to omega-6 fatty acids which matches the balance needed by the body. Look for soaps containing this beneficial oil in the near future.
- Cotton washcloths – We think hand crocheted cotton washcloths will make a perfect addition to our line of products. They will be rolling out soon as well.
A major part of our business, farmer’s markets and festivals are also great fun and give us a chance to meet our customers face to face. We plan on continuing to be involved with the Pleasure Island Farmer’s Market and the Carolina Beach Farmer’s Market, along with other festivals throughout the year. You can always check our blog, or our Facebook page to keep up to date with where we will be.
We are consistently looking for new wholesale venues to sell our soap. In 2012, the search will expand outside of our local area.
While there are currently no plans to add another staff member, you never know what the future might bring. But for now, Wrigley and Marshall are about all the staff we can handle.
We hope that you will continue to share the ride with us as we grow throughout 2012. We couldn’t do it without you.
The Glynne's Soaps Staff
Posted in News
Tagged 2012, new products
2011 was a great year for Glynne’s Soaps. We have grown and expanded in almost every area.
Our product line is always growing. Some new things that were developed in 2011 include:
Glynne's Soaps NoZes & ToZes Paw Balm
Glynne's Soaps Llama Loofah
Llama Loofahs – available in 2 scents, these unique exfoliating soaps caused quite a stir
Simply Olive Oil soaps – made with 100% olive oil, these soaps are very moisturizing and come in three scents – lavender, lemon balm and unscented
Flip Flop Balm – for flip flop friendly feet, these are a hit during the summer
Rescue Lip Balm – a carob flavored lip balm that gives back, proceeds go to dalmatian rescue
NoZes & ToZes - balm for your canine friend’s dry nose and feet
Breath Spray for Dogs – an effective all natural spray for your dog’s breath, reduces tartar as well
Gayle & Marshall at Riverfest
In addition to the Carolina Beach Farmer’s Market, Pleasure Island Fresh Market and other festivals, in 2011 we also participated in the Leland Farmer’s Market, Azalea Festival, Riverfest, Wilma’s Holiday Expo and a larger number of fairs and festivals. Look for this to increase again in 2012.
Glynne’s Soaps also expanded our number of wholesale locations to include places like The Veggie Wagon, Carolina Farmin‘, Artful Living Group and more. We also were accepted to be a part of Abe’s Market, an all natural online marketplace. You can see a full list of our locations in the sidebar to the right.
How Can I Help You?
In March of 2011, we added a new employee. Marshall joined us from Kentucky to become the Assistant Sales Manager. If you visited us at a farmer’s market, you might have had the privilege of meeting either him or Wrigley. Getting out and meeting
Thank You For Visiting Glynne's Soaps
our customers is one of their favorite activities.
Thank you all for participating with us in our journey. We are looking forward to the new things that 2012 has in store for us. Stay tuned for our next post “Where We Are Going” to get the inside scoop on some things that are coming in the new year.