We are right in the middle of the cold winter season. For some, it’s the coldest winter on record. Unfortunately, the cold weather is very drying to your skin. And dry, chapped, cracked skin can be very painful and unattractive. Fortunately, there are some things you can do that will help keep your skin soft and healthy through the long cold winter. Here are some easy things you can do for your skin while the temperatures are so low.
- Turn down the hot water. Bathing in hot water is very drying to your skin. If you turn down the hot and use warm to luke-warm water your skin will thank you.
- Exfoliate 1-2 times a week. Exfoliating is the best thing you can do for dry skin. Use an oil based sugar or salt scrub to get the best results. The oil will also moisturize your skin.
- Get rid of the detergent bar from the grocery store. Detergent bars such as Dial, Ivory, etc strip your skin of dirt and oils. All the oils, good and bad. They will leave your skin clean, but extra dry without any protection. Switch to an all natural soap made with olive oil and coconut oil (they are the most moisturizing), try any of the soaps from Glynne’s Soaps as they are all made with olive and coconut oil.
- Moisturize. An all natural lotion can go a long way toward keeping your skin soft and healthy. Use it daily for best results. Did you know that Glynne’s Soaps now makes lotions? Check out our website for more details.
- Pat dry. Instead of rubbing and scrubbing your skin with a towel, pat yourself dry. This will help your skin retain more moisture than rubbing does.
Follow these five tips this winter and you will notice a considerable difference in your skin. Use Glynne’s Soaps all natural soaps and lotions and say goodbye to dry cracked skin and hello to soft touchable skin.
Don’t forget about our contest. Sign up for our newsletter before January 28th and be registered to win a free sample stack of Glynne’s Soaps.